Terms & Conditions
1. FH DEBT MANAGEMENT (the Company) will work on the proposed client(s) behalf in regard to your outstanding debt/insolvency. The Company will collate information provided by yourself that will enable us, the Company, to tailor a debt management repayment programme, based on the information provided.
2. Upon your agreement to instruct the Company, a Financial Statement, List of Creditors, Income and Expenditure Schedule, The Authority to Act and Gain Information and the Company’s Fee structure, will all be signed, witnessed and dated by the customer. Cheques and Postal Orders should be made payable to FH Debt Solutions. The Company does not accept post-dated cheques. Any payments which are not honoured upon first presentation will be subject to an administration charge of £15.00 per default.
3. Upon receipt of the completed pack, the Company will commence negotiations with unsecured Creditors as listed in customer’s Financial Statement List of Creditors. If additional creditors are found after a period of 10 working days from this agreement, an administration charge may occur of £15.00 if re-negotiations with Creditors must take place.
4. The Company will endeavour to have interest payments frozen, and will allocate a personal Account team to take charge of your programme. Regular telephone and written communication will keep you fully aware of the situation. Credit terms can be extended, credit history may be affected, and balance may increase. First payment is taken as the Set-Up fee of the plan.
5. It is the sole responsibility of you the client to ensure that regular and timely payments of the agreed amount are made to FH Debt Solutions. Failure to maintain the agreed programme could result in your creditors withdrawing from the agreement and taking further action against you. In this event, the Company accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any, or all, ensuring actions of your creditors.
6. Please be aware, it is in the clients’ best interests not to take out any more Credit or Hire Purchase whilst in a Debt Management Plan. Upon knowledge of the above, the agreement with FH Debt Solutions will become void.
7. We will deduct a monthly fee as stated on the proposal for services provided by the Company. The Fee can increase if other creditors are added at a later date. All figures are estimates based on the agreed monthly payment being the same, and that all creditors agree to freeze interest charges, for the duration of the programme.
8. We agree to act honestly, fairly and reasonably in all dealings with you, the customer and to conduct itself lawfully with regard to the current law in England & Wales.
9. Your first payment is a set-up fee to us which we will use to implement your plan, this fee is none refundable and can have further consequences on your credit file (Please see our page “Important Information” which forms an integral part of our Terms and Conditions for detailed information).
10. YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL
If you deem that the programme is not benefiting you in any way, you are entitled to cancel at any time giving us notice. If the initial fee has been received, we will only refund this if the programme has been cancelled in writing within 21 days since receipt of this money and this period will be a cooling off time to reconsider. If you wish to cancel your programme but the monthly payment to your creditors has already been made we will be unable to refund any monies to you. You may cancel the programme at any time and be entitled to a refund of any monies held by us that have not yet been sent to your creditors in the form of a payment, minus the monthly management fee, which will be retained by us for work undertaken on your behalf. You may cancel the programme at any time by giving notice in writing to us. Our authority to deal with your creditors will be rescinded. Your creditors may revert back to the original terms of your contract with them.
11. OUR RIGHT TO CANCEL
We reserve the right to cancel an arrangement without prior notice if, in our judgement:
- You fail to make a monthly payment within a reasonable period of the monthly payment date.
- The information you supplied about your creditors are materially incorrect.
- You fail to promptly notify us of any changes in your creditors’ details thus impeding us from assisting you. That shall include but not be limited to the identity of your creditors, the balance outstanding to your creditors or details of any material correspondence with or from your creditors.
- You fail to provide information or documentation requested by us
- You provide false information or deliberately try to deceive us or your creditors.
We are committed to providing a first class professional service with your best interests in mind. In the unlikely event that you feel the need to complain, you may do so verbally or by written communication this should be addressed to Scott Yates at the FH Debt Solutions, Venture Point, Towers Business Park, Rugeley, Staffordshire, WS15 1UZ, or if calling by telephone on 08453632002. Your complaint will be acknowledged within 5 working days and, following a full investigation, a response will be given within 8 weeks Should this not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, we will then refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Upon making a complaint or seeking to make a complaint we will send you our complaints procedure
13. DATA PROTECTION.
You can be assured that we will keep all of your personal information private and confidential, even when you are no longer a customer, except where disclosure is made at your request or with your consent. Under the terms of the Data Protection Act, you have the right to view any personal data we may keep on you.
In order to process your application it may be necessary to disclose some or all of your information to third parties. You agree that personal information held by us may be disclosed on a confidential basis and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 to any such third parties. Some of these parties may hold this information indefinitely. You also agree that this information may be transferred electronically, e.g. e-mail and you agree that ourselves, or any such company, may contact you in the future by any means of communication which we consider appropriate at that time.
14. The Company shall not be liable under any circumstances for any loss, damage or expenses suffered or incurred
by the client arising from the company performing its obligations under these terms and conditions.